James Silk’s message is simple – “It’s all about the groove“
Ranging from deep, up-lifting and funky beats, his music never fails to lock into the groove. When it comes to DJ’ing, James Silk is far from inexperienced. After fifteen years behind the decks, James resides from Liverpool focusing most of his time creating and extracting new sounds from all walks of life.
The leap to production came five years ago, releases on Berlin’s high rated Exploited label and well respected names like Defected, OFF and Get Physical shows James’ message is well received within the industry.
With future releases on Akbal Music, Nastyfunk Records, Latencia Records and King Street Sounds, James Silk is looking to continue to build on his glowing reputation, following up from his biggest release to date, ‘Can’t Wait’ (Exploited), that reached #2 in Beatport Deep House charts.
Whether it be writing his own tracks or applying his personal touch in a remix, his deep grooving bass lines and sharp soulful stabs will get any dance floor moving.
To find out more about James, his influences and how he got started, watch the video below
- Please U – Get Physical Music
- These Sheets – OFF Recordings
- Juice Box EP – King Street Sounds
- James Silk & Andre Crom – Perfect Thing – OFF Recordings
- Night Girls EP – Family Matters
- Can’t Wait – Exploited
- James Silk & JOBE – Baby Baby – Form & Function
- Tapas Dance – Alive Recordings
- Way You Feel EP – TheSounds
- Clique – Defected ITH
- Undercover Romance – Defected ITH
- South Central EP – Tools & Stuff
- Sweet Turning Sherbet EP – Form & Function
- Lost Circus EP – Artefact
- Dis So Right EP – Nurvous Records
- Troy’s Bucket EP – Nurvous Records
- For The Floor EP – Oxyd Records
- Voices EP – Cimelde Records
- Addicted EP – Smoke City
- Jacinda EP – Kote Records